Beautiful leather bound books (from Franklin Library and Easton Press) along with decorative bindings are set off by our Cavallini Posters - which are perfect for decorating dorm rooms as well as for art projects. You'll see our use of them throughout the shop.
The Zebra has lots of friends - A Rhino, The Horse, A Huge Frog, Cast Iron Pig and check out the register for a collection of teeny tiny critters.
We feature handmade leather journals and bags. We've been importing them from India for sometime now and are treasured as gifts - for anyone including yourself. The Indians who make these journals are not the same of course as the Native American who also greets our customers near the New York section of the shop, which is one of our specialties.
Barner Books has been around for about 30 years, Started by Jim Barner who was a writer, traveler and book lover we treasure our traditions. The bust looks a little like Jim, but if you know who it is, we'd sure like to hear from you (we'd like to even if you don't!!).
If you make it into New Paltz, located in the lower Catskills, be sure to stop on by. We're one of the Cool places -- and yes, on hot days it's especially true!!!
When in New Paltz (exit 18 on the New York Thruway) you might also enjoy:
- The Mohonk Preserve located in the Shawangunks Ridge
- The Mohonk Mountain House
- Minnewaska State Park
- The Gunks - Featuring World Class Climbing
- Miles of Bike Trails - and more coming
- Incredible views
- The State University of New York - New Paltz Campus
- Huegonot Street - New Paltz's founders came here for religious freedom and to start a new life -- the arrived in 1678, making this New Paltz street one of the Oldest in the USA.
- Walkway over the Hudson is about 5 Miles away and is a State Park pedestrian bridge 250' above the Hudson River!